[ngw] GW 8.0.3 Web Access Quirk

Renee Hunter Renee at wfse.org
Fri Feb 28 01:58:44 UTC 2014

Thanks, Jeff,

That setting was also set already.

One user says that when she logs in, sometimes she is forced to log in
a couple more times as right away she gets knocked off.

I'm going to have her bring her laptop up and show me.  I'm now
thinking it may very well be updates, like Java, which hasn't been ran
on her work laptop.

Reneé
>>> Jeff Lay <jlaynovl at gmail.com> 2/25/2014 2:05 PM >>>
Renee, there are actually two places to set the timeout in 8.x
WebAccess,
one for the agent and another for the application, and the default is
20
minutes for both components.

I'm guessing you probably set the agent timeout already, so to change
timeout for the application, go to the properties of the
GroupWiseWebAccess
object (normally under the domain object in the eDir view of
ConsoleOne)
and click the drop-down on the "Applications" tab and pull down to
Security
and there should be an option there labeled "Timeout for inactive
sessions"

http://cp.mcafee.com/d/2DRPoQ73hJ5AQsIIKfCzBAsrKrvKOesohudLTp73HCzBYS_tAsUMCyrvKOe78TsdN-7-2z3JfU02rceQ_w09KV1B52Xb_nV55dddBPHTbFEEIsyeussvsVqWtAkRrKcYG7DR8OJMddECQPqfniESgFqcy7CXCM0s29w-l9YLwCHIcfBisEeRO14Mrwhc5O5mUm-w0o_3_eceQ_w08awhc7OFfBPrbXy9I5-Aq83iT0yodbFEw2g2Cy1XHYOq805Ywq812RLFgQg0eTa9kSO-r8vvn