[ngw] major lag within groupwise resource

David Gerisch DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us
Fri Feb 28 17:32:43 UTC 2014

That I recall, there was a bug in Windows 7, where if the user had a mapped drive* in a disconnected state, plus some version MS Office, then file attachment process would lock the machine for five minutes as some network process would time out.

Though it wouldn't be tied to a mailbox, it was tied to the user's MS Windows profile.  The fact that the mapped drive was disconnected was rather hidden.  I had to change to a different folder display setting to have the drive letter show up with the big red warning icon.

*It was a locally mapped drive, not one that was created via login script.

David Gerisch

>>> "Ryan Matthews" <RMatthews at acog.org> 2014-02-27 12:21 >>>
Have a resource called FAC at yourcompany.com that lags like crazy when small, 5k pdfs are attached. Happens on 2 machines, so I've narrowed it down to the account. Have another coworker doing some diags on the account. Any suggestions, specific places to look for solutions? Groupwise hangs hard for 2-10 minutes trying to attach theses files for some reason, progressively gets worse during the day also. Thanks.

Ryan Matthews
Information Systems
x2255

The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists respect your email privacy.  To remove this email address from future email messages, please email us at Unsubscribe at acog.org. Please copy and paste the email you received from the Congress or College in your opt-out request. You may also send a written request to 409 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20024-2188, ATTENTION: Information Systems.