[ngw] DMS Export

Matt Weisberg matt at weisberg.net
Mon Jul 7 20:59:50 UTC 2014

I ran across a site that is/was using GW DMS as the main file repository for their users.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anything like this, but some of these users have 10, 15 years worth of files stored in their GroupWise cabinet.  Now they are trying to export all that data en mass.   I searched around a bit and it looked like there were some tools to do this in the past, but I can’t seem to find them now.  A tool from Concentrico was mentioned (GW Doc Exporter?) on this list years ago and this article:

https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/migrating-groupwise-dms-vibe-33/

Talks about a tool called gwdmsexport.exe , but I don’t know where to find any of these tools.

Does anyone have these tools or a better way to export all documents from DMS?

Thanks.

Matt

--------
Matt Weisberg