[ngw] GW 2014 Web Access Refresh Problem

Kenneth Etter kle at msktd.com
Tue Jul 8 14:43:47 UTC 2014

I never got a bug number for the WebAccess refresh problem.  I had
noticed the problem the few times I used WebAccess since upgrading to
2014.  My NTS engineer and I were trying to fix a problem where the Post
Office wasn't properly updating itself with the correct IP address -
which was preventing mail from flowing.  NTS backline told the engineer
to apply a newer build and it fixed the ip address problem for us.  And
also fixed the refresh problem.  The build I am on now is GW 14.0.1
Build 116621.

Ken
 >>> Matt Weisberg <matt at weisberg.net> 7/8/2014 10:34 AM >>>

I think I*m going to have to get my hands on that build.  Once I
corrected the IP address for the UDP conneciton it fixed the problem for
a while but now I*m back to having reports of the refresh failing again.
  Looks like I*ll have to get that update.

Matt

P.S. Do you have a bug number to reference for the WebAccess problem?

--------
Matt Weisberg
Weisberg Consulting, Inc.
matt at weisberg.net
www.weisberg.net
ofc. 248.685.1970
cell 248.705.1950
fax 248.769.5963

On Jul 8, 2014, at 9:05 AM, Kenneth Etter <kle at msktd.com> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Just an FYI.  Last weekend, NTS put me on the latest build to fix
one
> problem.  It also fixed our refresh problem with WebAccess.
>
> Ken

> I was wondering if anyone has seen a problem with browser refreshing
in
> GroupWise 2014 web access.  I have a customer that upgraded from
2012
> and is running everything on Windows servers.   In their
environment,
> when users log into web access, the browser screen never refreshes.
Not
> only doesn*t it refresh when the user gets a new mail, but even
things
> like deleting a message doesn't cause an inbox list refresh.  The
users
> have to click the refresh icon.
>
> I ripped everything out and re-installed web access from scratch and
> thought it was all working.  But a few day later they are back to
the
> same problem.  I*ve installed on Linux many times already and never
seen
> this issue.  Has anyone seen this?  I*m somewhat baffled here.  I
> thought maybe a SOAP issue, but mobility is working just fine and I
can
> clearly see SOAP connections coming in from the web access servlets
> the PO*s on the HTTP monitor.   I was thinking about setting up a
Linux