[ngw] ROUTE.CFG behaviour

Danita Zanre dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:19:22 UTC 2014

So, Massimo thinks this is a bug that was fixed with GW 2012, but doesn’t know if it ever got pushed back to GW 8.  Mail to route.cfg destinations should always go directly to them, but there was a bug where this wasn’t happening, and they were going through the smart host settings.  If you are on the latest and greatest GW 8, then I’m not sure there is anything that can be done about it.

Danita

On Jul 16, 2014, 2:50:35 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at torontohydro.com> wrote: Hi all: Got a GWIA (8.0.3) with a ROUTE.CFG file with a line like

example.org [10.9.8.7]

The relay host is set to

somehost anotherhost 10.11.12.13

Sometimes the 10.9.8.7 host is not responding, then the GWIA times out after five minutes and sends to "somehost" instead. Sadly, any mail for anyone at example.org is not deliverable through "somehost", which is why we have the ROUTE.CFG in the first place.

Is there a way to reject the message immediately when the ROUTE.CFG host doesn't respond? Or let it queue until it becomes available again?

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman mailto:bjonkman at torontohydro.com
Toronto Hydro GroupWise Operations Support
Phone: +1-416-542-3100;ext=30237
Cell: +1-416-903-0083