[ngw] ROUTE.CFG behaviour

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at torontohydro.com
Thu Jul 17 15:42:20 UTC 2014

Thanx Danita, Massimo.  I'll double check our release version (gwia.exe
is dated 9 April 2013; the 8.0.3HP3 package on download.novell.com is
dated 12 April 2013).

As a workaround, I'm going to suggest that the smart mailhost
"somehost" be configured to recognize @example.org as a valid
destination.

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman mailto:bjonkman at torontohydro.com
Toronto Hydro GroupWise Operations Support
Phone: +1-416-542-3100;ext=30237
Cell: +1-416-903-0083
>>> Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com> 2014-07-17 10:19 >>>
So, Massimo thinks this is a bug that was fixed with GW 2012, but
doesn’t know if it ever got pushed back to GW 8.  Mail to route.cfg
destinations should always go directly to them, but there was a bug
where this wasn’t happening, and they were going through the smart host
settings.  If you are on the latest and greatest GW 8, then I’m not sure
there is anything that can be done about it.

Danita

On Jul 16, 2014, 2:50:35 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at torontohydro.com>
wrote: Hi all: Got a GWIA (8.0.3) with a ROUTE.CFG file with a line
like

example.org [10.9.8.7]

The relay host is set to

somehost anotherhost 10.11.12.13

Sometimes the 10.9.8.7 host is not responding, then the GWIA times out
after five minutes and sends to "somehost" instead. Sadly, any mail for
anyone at example.org is not deliverable through "somehost", which is why
we have the ROUTE.CFG in the first place.

Is there a way to reject the message immediately when the ROUTE.CFG
host doesn't respond? Or let it queue until it becomes available again?

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman mailto:bjonkman at torontohydro.com