[ngw] Managing GroupWise questions

Alan Bens ABENS at go-metro.com
Tue Jul 22 13:45:39 UTC 2014

I use Vertigo as well, but we're on 2012.  GWAVA (IMO) has not updated
their web site with current support that I can find.  Under FAQ for
Vertigo it says you have to have a GW 7 sp3 client installed.

As Joshua stated they usually monitor ngwlist so maybe someone will
contact you.

Al B

>>> "Daniel Wells" <Daniel.Wells at mhtn.com> 7/21/2014 2:15 PM >>>

We recently upgraded from GroupWise 8 to GroupWise 2014.  The
transition has gone smoothly with one exception.  We were using Omni
Riva to manage password reminders. address books, proxy access and
signatures and are now wanting to manage a central calendar.
Unfortunately since GW 2014 has removed itself from eDirectory, and Omni
has no plans to change their product we are unable to do many of the
things we did in GroupWise 8.
My questions are these:
Is there a way to centrally manage proxy access in GroupWise 2014?

While the managed signature still works with GroupWise 2014, I would
rather have a fully functional product (that has a future) that does
what we need.  Is there a way to manage signatures so that all
signatures look the same? (see the signature below)

Can we publish central address books to users other than the GroupWise
address book?

How about sending reminders that passwords are about to expire, is
there a way to do this from GroupWise or eDirectory?

Is there a way to have a central calendar to hold company information
about holidays and project deadlines etc?

Daniel Wells AIA, VCP
Senior Associate | IT Coordinator
MHTN Architects, Inc.
Direct: 801.326.3215 | www.mhtn.com
vision made real

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, are
privileged and confidential and/or proprietary information intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this is
addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received
this communication in error, please immediately notify sender by
telephone or reply email, do not use or disclose the contents to others,
and delete the message and all attachments from your computer, system
and/or network. Further, e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.