[ngw] Importing multidate .ICS events

Brent Herring BrentH at uca.edu
Thu Jul 24 21:20:06 UTC 2014

Thank you. I called myself trying to read that specification, but I got lost in it.

Brent.

>>> "Bob Jonkman" <bjonkman at torontohydro.com> 7/24/2014 12:22 PM >>>
DTEND dates are exclusive, so that the actual value of DTEND is not included in the date range.  If you add a time then the final minute or second is not included, which is usually less jarring than an entire day.

>From the iCalendar specification, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545#section-3.6.1

The "DTEND" property
	  for a "VEVENT" calendar component specifies the non-inclusive end
	  of the event.

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman mailto:bjonkman at torontohydro.com
Toronto Hydro GroupWise Operations Support
Phone: +1-416-542-3100;ext=30237
Cell: +1-416-903-0083

>>> "Brent Herring" <BrentH at uca.edu> 2014-07-24 12:39 >>>
When importing a calendar event from an .ICS file I noticed that if the event spanned multiple dates that the end date was not included in the import.

Here is an example...

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
X-WR-CALNAME:Calname
X-WR-TIMEZONE:America/Chicago
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20140723T142810Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20141126
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20141130
SUMMARY:Thanksgiving Break
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

When importing this event it shows up on the calendar for 26 Nov, 27 Nov, 28 Nov and 29 Nov, but the end date 30 Nov is left off.  I presume this is not supposed to happen is it?  My searches just came up with how to import, not what to do if it doesn't work right.

Thanks,
Brent.