[ngw] Mobility + iOS + PDF = rendering problem

David Gerisch DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us
Fri Jul 25 02:04:50 UTC 2014

As a follow up, if the user accesses the attachment using GroupWise WebAccess, the file renders perfectly.  So we have a work around; and, know that the file attachment on the post office is intact.  But somewhere from post office --> Mobility server --> ActiveSync --> mail app on the iPad and iPhone, we are definitely getting corruption.  1.6 MB PDF, so not that large either.

David Gerisch

>>> "David Gerisch" <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 2014-07-23 16:50 >>>
I will ask the user to install a third party reader.  I'm pretty sure the user is only opening them via mail.

David Gerisch

>>> "Jeffrey Sessler" <Jeff at ScrippsCollege.edu> 2014-07-23 14:59 >>>
If the user opens them in another PDF reader on iOS e.g. goodreader, ibooks, etc. is there a render issue, or is it only when viewed in mail.

Jeff

>>> On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM, in message <53CFC25F020000590006E1AC at tcl77.tcweb>, "David Gerisch" <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> wrote:

Is anyone else having a problem with their Mobility users on iOS 7.0.4 trying to view PDF files, but the files don't render properly?  The user can send me the file attachment, and on Android or the Win32 client, the PDF renders fine.  Is it a correct assumption that because I downloaded it over 4G LTE (and it was fine), then the copy of the file on the Mobility server is intact?  Or does each user get their own copy of each file attachment?

What is making it weird is that the problem first showed up on the user's iPhone; but the user just reported that the problem has spread to their iPad.

The symptom is that blocks of rectangular space just appear as black or white lines of varying width, obliterating what the scanned image would normally show there.

Thanks!

David Gerisch