[ngw] Corrupted attachments

Daniel Wells Daniel.Wells at mhtn.com
Fri Jul 25 17:54:57 UTC 2014

We upgraded from GroupWise 8 to GroupWise 2014.  The upgrade went smoothly.  For the most part operation is going smoothly with exception of third party software that used the Admin API, but that isn't the issue I want to discuss.

The problem I am seeing is with attachments.  We are seeing attachments corrupted when being sent from the Windows desktop client, the old GW 8 Mac client and from the web access client.  We are seeing the corruption mostly in PDF files, since that is what we attach the most.  We have also seen corrupted MS Word documents.  The corrupted documents give no real clue other than Acrobat saying the document is corrupt.

My question: Is anybody else experiencing this?

Daniel Wells AIA, VCP
Senior Associate | IT Coordinator
 MHTN Architects, Inc.
Direct: 801.326.3215 | www.mhtn.com
 vision made real

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, are privileged and confidential and/or proprietary information intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please immediately notify sender by telephone or reply email, do not use or disclose the contents to others, and delete the message and all attachments from your computer, system and/or network. Further, e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.