[ngw] Native Mac Client Support for GroupWise - Brainshare Announcement

Mike Bills Mbills at novell.com
Thu Nov 6 22:40:13 UTC 2014

I will get some more detailed information on this posted in the near future, but I did want to take a moment to point out that there was a significant announcement for GroupWise this week.

With the upcoming "Cornell" Release of GroupWise (Late Summer 2015), Novell we be adding Native Mac Client Support to GroupWise.

This will be done by done through protocols by adding CalDav/CardDav for Address Book and Calendar Access.  In addition to LDAP/SMTP/IMAP.

This was announced at the Monday Keynote.  We also did several presentations and most importantly this isn't just an announcement, we had demos running in the Lab for customers to see.   We wanted to show we had actual working code.  I am very happy with the progress our Engineering team has made, I am excited for you to see it and eager to release it with Cornell.

I will get much more detailed information on the web site and put together some articles on cool solutions as soon as possible.

Thoughts?  :)

Michael Bills
Product Manger - Collaboration
mbills at novell.com