[ngw] multiple identical postings to shared folders

Ken Etter kle at msktd.com
Wed Nov 12 13:39:36 UTC 2014

Ok, bad choice of words. :-)  I just meant I should be able to remove duplicates.
>>> "Elbert LaGrew" <Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com> 11/12/2014 8:31 AM >>>
"GroupWise should be intelligent enough to handle that"

Seriously? GroupWise is doing exactly as it is supposed to be doing.  Asking that it be more intelligent than the people using it is, IMHO asking a lot.

That said...I agree there should be a way of removing duplicates...but asking it to possess "intelligence" is going a bit far. :-)

--El

>>> On 11/12/2014 at 7:08 AM, in message <5463156002000013000FCD30 at mail.msktd.com>, "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> wrote:

Every email that needs to go into the shared folder isn't guaranteed to go to the owner of the folder.  We are an Architectural/Engineering firm and are project based.  We create a shared folder for each project.  Everyone assigned to the project gets access to the folder.  Sometimes emails are sent to the whole team and sometimes they are sent to specific members of the team.  So everyone needs add access.  I just want to ease the congestion when an email goes to more than one member of the team and all those members add the email to the folder.  GroupWise should be intelligent enough to handle that.
>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 11/12/2014 5:59 AM >>>
Why do all of them need "add" rights?   Seem limiting that to the "owner" is the simplest solution.