[ngw] multiple identical postings to shared folders

Joe Acquisto-j4 joea at j4computers.com
Wed Nov 12 19:56:09 UTC 2014

Rats!   I hate it when reality contradicts my inherent bias(es).   (shh, don't tell anyone I have them . . . )

joe a.

>>> "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 11/12/14 1:13 PM >>>
It isn't prima donna issues.  The problem is when you have a long thread of back and forth emails between a lot of people, it isn't a simple matter of opening the shared folder and doing a quick check.  To actually verify whether or not a particular email is in there takes too much time.  I probably can't do it justice with a description....you would have to see what our shared folders end up looking like.  We don't want people wasting time verifying whether or not an important email is in the shared folder or not.  Just get it in there so we know we have it.  So what I need is a replacement for the deduplication utility that we had or we need to figure out a different process.

Any way, thanks everyone for all the thoughts.  Gives me lots of ideas to consider.

Ken
>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 11/12/2014 11:58 AM >>>
So, are these team members unable to look in a folder to see if the item has already been placed there?   I've thought of a few "colorful analogies" but, this is a family show. . . .

What am I missing, besides the "pamper the prima donna" gene?

joe a.

>>> "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 11/12/14 8:40 AM >>>
Ok, bad choice of words. :-)  I just meant I should be able to remove duplicates.
>>> "Elbert LaGrew" <Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com> 11/12/2014 8:31 AM >>>
"GroupWise should be intelligent enough to handle that"

Seriously? GroupWise is doing exactly as it is supposed to be doing.  Asking that it be more intelligent than the people using it is, IMHO asking a lot.

That said...I agree there should be a way of removing duplicates...but asking it to possess "intelligence" is going a bit far. :-)

--El

>>> On 11/12/2014 at 7:08 AM, in message <5463156002000013000FCD30 at mail.msktd.com>, "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> wrote:

Every email that needs to go into the shared folder isn't guaranteed to go to the owner of the folder.  We are an Architectural/Engineering firm and are project based.  We create a shared folder for each project.  Everyone assigned to the project gets access to the folder.  Sometimes emails are sent to the whole team and sometimes they are sent to specific members of the team.  So everyone needs add access.  I just want to ease the congestion when an email goes to more than one member of the team and all those members add the email to the folder.  GroupWise should be intelligent enough to handle that.
>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 11/12/2014 5:59 AM >>>
Why do all of them need "add" rights?   Seem limiting that to the "owner" is the simplest solution.