[ngw] multiple identical postings to shared folders

Mathias Faust Mathias.Faust at gruner.ch
Thu Nov 13 13:14:39 UTC 2014

Hi Georg, Ken and all others,

We (also an engineering company) face similar problems. We share project folders from a resource and everyone "dumps" their project related mails to these shared folders (sometimes even unread if they are in CC).
We once played around with gwava retain and saw that it archives only one mail of several identical mails are there. After some digging we saw that actually the message ID of a mail remains the same for all TO/CC (not sure about BCC) recipients.
Maybe the tool of ken could be extended to compare the message ID and delete all duplicates... Or we could try to convince Novell to provide such an option...

Kind regards
Mathias