[ngw] TUT5124 / External Entities 2 NDS users for GW2014

Barth Uwe Uwe.Barth at stadt-chemnitz.de
Mon Nov 17 13:00:18 UTC 2014

Hi all,
in the 3rd slide of the TUT5124 presentation of BS2014 is a recommendation, that it is recommended to convert external entities to eDirectory users as preparation step for the upgrade to GW2014. Do we have some kind of technical background information why this step is required? We want to eliminate eDirectory and bind our users to Active Directory accounts.
In my lab I was able to associate the external entities to the Active Directory user without problems based on GW login and SAMAccountName.
Best regards,
Uwe

.