[ngw] Betr.: Re: TUT5124 / External Entities 2 NDS users for GW2014

Bruce Perrin Bruce.Perrin at lbb.state.tx.us
Mon Nov 17 15:35:01 UTC 2014

Hmmm, I can log into my external entities after upgrade and no Edir. Also, couldn't you just create an AD user and associate the external entity with it?
>>> "Hans Bloupot" <h.bloupot at rsg-sneek.nl> 11/17/2014 8:08 AM >>>
Hi,

That's right. When you are using AD as a usersource you have to migrate your external entities to normal users prior to the upgrade to GW 2014. I visited this session at Brainshare and took notes.

Regards,

Hans

>>> "Doug Ratz" <dratz at Lakeheadschools.ca> 17-11-2014 14:06 >>>
When we did our upgrade from GW8 and eDir to 2014 and AD, the users that were external entities could not login even though they were associated with AD. Novell had to take our wpdomain.db and fix it for us.

Doug

--
Douglas Ratz
Lakehead Public Schools