[ngw] GroupWise client - Application virtualization?

Jeffrey Sessler jeff at ScrippsCollege.edu
Mon Nov 17 18:21:18 UTC 2014

We're in the early stages of migration from GroupWise to Office365. As part of this migration we're going to deploy a new windows 7 pro 64-bit desktop image (via ZCM) with office 2013/outlook to all the systems - basically get them all the same to make life easier.

It's my recollection that GroupWise and Outlook don't always coexist well, so I'm interested to know if anyone has done what I believe is called application virtualization against the GroupWise 8 client. My idea being to keep the new Windows OS clean of GroupWise, and when we're done, just delete the Groupwise application.

I would be interested in feedback on this, and especially from those that are doing it, or if there is a better way.

Jeff