[ngw] GroupWise client - Application virtualization?

Thomas Justice Thomas.Justice at doc.state.nj.us
Tue Nov 18 13:10:01 UTC 2014

We had terrible problems w/ the virtualized GW client.
It didn't know of any of the other installed apps (MS, Adobe etc), and was a bear to get to open attachments with the associated app.

Tom Justice (Thomas.Justice at DOC.state.nj.us)
OIT Network Services (Email Admin)
609-292-4036 x 5350

>>> "Jeffrey Sessler" <jeff at ScrippsCollege.edu> 11/17/2014 1:21 PM >>>

We're in the early stages of migration from GroupWise to Office365. As part of this migration we're going to deploy a new windows 7 pro 64-bit desktop image (via ZCM) with office 2013/outlook to all the systems - basically get them all the same to make life easier.

It's my recollection that GroupWise and Outlook don't always coexist well, so I'm interested to know if anyone has done what I believe is called application virtualization against the GroupWise 8 client. My idea being to keep the new Windows OS clean of GroupWise, and when we're done, just delete the Groupwise application.

I would be interested in feedback on this, and especially from those that are doing it, or if there is a better way.

Jeff