[ngw] Rest-API call for associate users to directory

Morris Blackham mblackham at gw.novell.com
Sat Nov 22 18:06:30 UTC 2014

Uwe,  here's the data to POST:  (in json format)

data = {'directoryId':'edir202',
	    'context':'ou=utah,o=novell',
	    'searchSubtree':'false',
	    'commit':'true',
	    'objectType':['USER']}

if you use commit:false,  you get a list of object that matched,  setting it to true will associated all matched users.

another keyword you can use is overwrite:true/false  (default is false) to overwrite existing associations.

Hope this helps..

--Morris
>>> "Barth Uwe" <Uwe.Barth at stadt-chemnitz.de> 11/22/2014 9:06 AM >>>
Hi,

in Admin Console under 'System > Directory Association' I can link users to my directory based on a specified OU via GUI. Because there are a lot of users in my lab environment I want to call this with a Rest-API call.

I read the documentation that Admin-Service gives me (the API-docs at novell.com are to old and often not correct)

/system/directorylinks
Methods POST
Link the users in the specified container to the directory users returned from the   LDAP search specified.
acceptable request representations:
- application/json dirLink
- application/xml dirLink
available response representations:
- application/xml
- application/json

and build the following curl commandline based of my understanding of what 'dirLink' could mean

curl -k --user admin:123456 --header "Content-Type:application/xml" --data "<directoryLink><directoryId>ActiveDirectory_lab</directoryId><ldapDn>OU=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=local</ldapDn></directoryLink>" -X POST https://grpwise.mydomain.local:9710/gwadmin-service/system/directorylinks

As result I get a 'BAD REQUEST' message

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><apiStatus xmlns:ns2="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"><error>true</error><httpStatus>BAD_REQUEST</httpStatus><httpStatusCode>400</httpStatusCode></apiStatus>

Is there anywhere a documentation of the used parameters like 'dirLink' or can someone point me where my failure in the curl command is?

Uwe