[ngw] Auto Archiving

Joe Acquisto-j4 joea at j4computers.com
Tue Aug 11 09:55:33 UTC 2015

With earlier versions at least, it appears that "auto archive" runs only when
the desktop client is started.   I do not think it runs at "maintenance" times
or "cleanup" times.

If you have archive set to a network drive with "quota" this will also affect
archiving when it runs out of space.

While archive settings may be locked at PO or Domain level, but a user
is not working, perhaps a database rebuild is in order, at some level?  Maybe
some did not get the memo?

I guess the "use but not send" matter has to do with how to "enforce" size
limits without completely hobbling the user.

joe a.