[ngw] Auto Archiving

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Tue Aug 11 16:36:43 UTC 2015

Archiving only happens when the client is launched, so if a user never logs in, they'll never get archived. Also, unread emails will never archive automatically.

If its an active user, check to see if the archive directory has gotten created.. if not, sometimes it takes a little push.. just right click on an email, force it to archive, which will create the folder, etc.. then the next time you launch client, it should start automatically
>>> "Thys de Beer" <thys at nwpg.gov.za> 8/11/2015 1:13 AM >>>
Morning All,

GW2012 SP4 (although this has been coming from way way back...).. 16k users 9 PO's

What could the reasons be why clients will no adhere to the cleanup settings to auto archive lets say 30 days? .. we have mailboxes growing  (limit is 750mb) to 10gb for instance (ok yes if they do not login (not active) i understand).. but we have other users growing to 100% 120-200%, which still login (because if we lock the accounts we hear about very quickly...)..... now these totals i get from ConsoleOne, how correct they are, is yet another story! are these totals reliable? i mean why would anybody "use" email and not be able to send email is beyond me.. but this seems to be my users way of using email... well at least a lot of them anyway...

So checking the client settings in C1, when i set at DO/PO level it filters through fine... or well that is what C1 says .. BUT auto archiving is simply not happening on a lot of users? ... others seems fine?..

any ideas please?

Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG Office of the Premier
GITO: Infrastructure
Deputy Dir: Server Administration
http://www.waytag.com/!ThysdeBeer.tag
018 388 3828
Novell -- CNE
Microsoft -- MCITP- Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft -- MCSE- Private Cloud
Vmware -- VCP5
Cobit5

Disclaimer
"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating, distributing, copying or using this message or any of its transmitted files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those of the sender unless the sender specifically states such views to be those of the North-West Provincial Government. Though this message and its transmitted files have been swept for the presence of computer viruses, the North-West Provincial Government accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from the use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files."