[ngw] user with spaces in name

Keith Larson klarson at k12group.net
Thu Aug 13 00:48:36 UTC 2015

There is a gwia switch to control this behavior.
>>> "Jeffrey D. Sessler" <jeff at scrippscollege.edu> 8/12/2015 7:55 PM

Back in the day, GroupWise would automatically substitute an “_”
underscore for any first/last with spaces in it e.g. First of “John Do”
with last name of “Re Me” - GroupWise would then accept John_Do_Re_Me@
and John_Do.RE_Me@ assuming you have first.last@ enabled. The
first_last@ is something the GWIA has always accepted even though it’s
not an option in C1/Admin.

I’m assuming it still does the same.

Jeff

On 8/12/15, 2:24 PM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com
on behalf of Joe Brugaletta"
<ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of
JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> wrote:

>Email Address according to GWAC = J Do Re Me at domain.com
>for John Do Re Me
>
>some domains are failing, obviously.. I know when you used to edit a
user in C1, it would pop up asking if you wanted to override the email
address with JDOREME at domain.com ..
>whats the proper way to handle spaces in last names with gw 2014?
>
>This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have
received this e-mail in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
use of this communication is prohibited and we request that you contact
us by reply email or call us at 415-898-1555, and then destroy all
copies of our original message and any attachments.