[ngw] DataSYnc/Mobility.....

Tony Bundy TBundy at co.lucas.oh.us
Mon Aug 17 18:57:39 UTC 2015

I am talking with some of my supervisory staff. They don't know much about GroupWise. They want me to ask some questions about this update I am going to do with my DataSync server.

We currently have ~240 users.

Currently: SLES11 SP1 DataSync 1.2.4-966 ( I know this is OLD)

Of course, I want SLES11 SP3 and Mobility 2.1.0-230.

My plan SP1 -> SP2 -> SP3 then DataSync 1.2.4 -> Mobility 2.1.0.

On my first upgrade attempt, DataSync wouldn't start after the sp2 upgrade. I don't have weekend support, and didn't have any clues what to even look at. Now I have a few TIDs that will likely help me fix these types of issues and continue. We discussed options, and here is what I was asked....

1) Can we migrate the database to a new server/instance? ( I suspect not)

(240 users times 8 minutes is too long!)
2) If I were to start with a new server, and wait for the GroupWise side to sync before allowing phones to sync, would gigabit speed between the Mobility server and the post office servers help? Is there any way to speed this 8-10 minutes per user up?

3) Is there (or will there ever be) a windows version? ( I told them no)

4) Are there any other products that would let me access email via smart-phones like Mobility server does?

Anthony E. Bundy
(Tony)
Net Tech
Lucas County Information Services