[ngw] user with spaces in name

Pam Robello pkrobello at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:08:22 UTC 2015

You are most welcome.  Just let me know when you want me to close the SR.  If I don't hear from you by Tuesday, I will send out my weekly nag message :-)

Pam

>>> Joe Brugaletta<JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 8/20/2015 12:15 PM >>>

I can confirm that the alias worked. Will look into that -msstu switch, as well. All the Internet Addressing stuff suggested before simply does not apply to the *outgoing* address.

Also, for distribution lists that users werent able to email from their phones, like "Computer Help" .. I override the Preferred email address in Internet Addressing to Computer.Help at domain.com and now it's able to be reached via phone.. woohoo!

Thanks for your help
>>> "Pam Robello" <pkrobello at gmail.com> 8/20/2015 9:52 AM >>>

Hi Joe.

I thought I would reply here to keep everyone in the loop.  GroupWise GWIA doesn't like when there are either spaces or extended ascii characters in a user name.  The easiest workaround is to create an alias for those users and this has to be done for those users with the extended ascii characters in their names.  You can add the -msstu switch to GWIA for the users with spaces in their names.  This will convert the spaces to underscores and all the message to be sent.

Have a great day,

Pam

>>> Joe Acquisto-j4<joea at j4computers.com> 8/19/2015 6:29 PM >>>

>>> On 8/17/2015 at 6:29 PM, "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> wrote:
> Didn't fix it.. she tried sending an email to yahoo, hours after I made the
> change, and still got an undeliverable
>
> Transcript of session follows:
> Command: MAIL FROM:<MDe Los Reyes at braytonlaw.com>
> Response: 501 Syntax error in parameteres or arguments
>
> Screenshot of users intenet adressing:
> http://snag.gy/8q2tR.jpg
>
> What am I missing? :)

Dunno.  Just one?  Did any go out correctly?  I would think setting
override for email name should fix it.  Maybe there is a replication
issue?   I'd override the name to something close to what pleases
the user, just with no spaces.

You could try an override for another user (self or test account) and
see if that takes effect.   Then maybe gwcheck on the user or/and PO.

joe a.