[ngw] Groupwise 2012: How to force outgoing mails to HTML-only?

Jeffrey D. Sessler jeff at scrippscollege.edu
Thu Aug 27 15:27:36 UTC 2015

Most email clients I've used will always include both plain-text and HTML if the default compose is HTML. This is to provide backward compatibility for clients that don't understand HTML or for clients that default to reading in plain-text. Makes sense, a client that can't read HTML isn't going to then have support to convert the HTML to something readable.

Groupwise in particular allows the two to be different i.e craft your HTML message, switch to plain-text, and craft that portion.

At one time, I think the GW client even defaulted to sending plain-text in cases where the message composed in HTML format included no formatting i.e. no reason to bulk-up sending HTML if you're just sending "Hi, test"

Jeff