[ngw] Groupwise 2012: How to force outgoing mails to HTML-only?

Thieu Hon TRAN k-ngwlist at thtran.de
Thu Aug 27 17:08:26 UTC 2015

Yes, I know why most mail-clients default to sending two parts or asking
the user if s/he wants to send both or just one version. And as you
probably know, there have been lots of discussions and "wars" because
some prefer backwards compatibility (i.e. plain-text-lovers ;) while
others prefer small mails and don't like the software/server to send
redundant data. (HTML-only-fundamentalists, who hate legacy-software ;)

But that's not what I was asking for. I know what I'm doing and I know
that Groupwise/GWIA does not adhere to what I selected in the
client-options. So I hope that somebody can help me to achieve what I
(urgently) need. Or maybe I misunderstood the settings?

I currently have a problem with a bug in our Mailsecurity-Gateway. I
think I can work around this bug if the entire mailbody is encoded in
Base64. The recipients in this case are clear ("only" a few of our
customers) and I know they all use Outlook, so no problem with HTML-only
eMails ;)

I opened an SR with Novell.... Wish me luck ;)

    Hon.

Jeffrey D. Sessler: