[ngw] Drag and drop email to new email creates link instead of adding the email

Bruce Perrin Bruce.Perrin at lbb.state.tx.us
Tue Feb 3 17:41:44 UTC 2015

Joe,
I changed default behavior to make a copy (.eml), drag and drop the
copy to a new email as an attachment, and sent it to somebody else.
	●  The recipient could not open the attachment by double click
or right click and open (nothing appears to happen).
	●  If you right click and select "view attachment" you get the
mime.
	●  If you right click and select view in a new window, a new
window pops up with the mime. Interestingly, on my test machine, the new
window opens and the bar at the top of the email identifies it as an
"Outlook Express Mail Message". It's windows server 2008. Never had
Outlook anything on it that I know of.

If I drag the attachment onto the desktop and double click it, it opens
normally.

-bruce
>>> "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 2/3/2015 9:32 AM >>>
Doesn't appear to have any affect.  Any other ideas?

Ken
>>> Joseph Marton <jmmarton at gmail.com> 2/3/2015 10:01 AM >>>
Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Default Actions
Drag message to desktop

You can choose create s shortcut (.gwi) or create a copy (.eml).

See if that also makes a difference when dragging an item as an
attachment
on another.

Joe