[ngw] no longer receiving gwcheck logs

Ken Etter kle at msktd.com
Mon Feb 9 13:45:38 UTC 2015

I finally got this resolved from a posting in the Novell forums, so thought I would follow up here in case anyone was wondering what happened.  I did two things, not sure if one or both solved it.

* On the General tab of the domain, the "Notify User" was not set for my secondary domain - I corrected this.
* In the CC field on the Results tab, the entry was an email address, I changed this to "domain.po.userid".

After making these changes, scheduled event logs started showing up in my mailbox again.  Yay!

Ken

>>> "Paul Lamontagne" <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> 10/3/2014 5:32 PM >>>
try the remove send to administrator...then reset it..make kick it...
>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 03/10/2014 11:49 AM >>>
Did the defined administrator change?
did you check your junk mail (don't hit!  No hitting!)

joe a.

>>> "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 10/03/14 11:03 AM >>>
I'm not seeing any issues there.
>>> "Elbert LaGrew" <Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com> 10/3/2014 10:55 AM >>>
If you have GWMON set up, you can see all the queues and determine if everything is being transferred correctly...

--El

>>> On 10/3/2014 at 9:53 AM, in message <542E802B02000013000FB94C at mail.msktd.com>, "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> wrote:

If I check the scheduled events, on the Results tab, they are all set to send results to Administrator.
>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 10/3/2014 9:50 AM >>>
There is an option to send logs.  May have gotten turned off somehow.  Or, just not running for some reason.

>>> "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 10/03/14 9:35 AM >>>
Both of my post office agents used to email the gwcheck logs to me when they were done running.  I'm not getting those anymore.  The last ones came on Sept 5, 2014.  The only change I made that day was to set an LDAP server for the eDirectory tree in GW Admin Console and then add the Mobile Phone to the address book fields.  Not sure if that is related or if it is just coincidence.

I am listed as the System Administrator for the system, domains, and post offices.  But still nothing is coming through.  The GWIA is still sending me reports.  Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Ken

.