[ngw] What OS are you running 2014 on?

Alan Bens ABENS at go-metro.com
Tue Feb 10 18:07:53 UTC 2015

Went from Netware to OES.  Currently have 4 post offices all on OES
10/11.  Will probably move to 2014 in the summer.  Don't know why Jeff
has problems with the patch services.  I haven't had an issue yet.  I
found that going from Netware to OES/SLES was easy.

If you use GWAVA for third party products, they integrate very well on
the OES/SLES side.  Not sure about the Windows part.

Al B

Alan D. Bens, CNA, RLE, GCE
SORTA/Metro, System Administrator
602 Main. St
Suite 1100
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
abens at go-metro.com
Office (513)632-7633

Powered by GroupWise
Protected by GWAVA

>>> "Scott Starkey" <StarkeyS at whitehouseisd.org> 2/10/2015 11:46 AM

We are currently running GW 8 on Netware 6.5 but are wanting to upgrade
this summer to 2014.  We are wondering whether you went with Windows or
Linux and which flavor/underlying file system.

Thanks!

Scott Starkey
CNA, CNE, Network +, MCP, MCSA
Systems Administrator
Whitehouse ISD
(903) 839-5523
starkeys at whitehouseisd.org
This e-mail, including attachments, is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential,
and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,