[ngw] server refused mail service

Elbert LaGrew Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com
Wed Feb 11 15:14:36 UTC 2015

Look at the properties of the GWIA ---> SMTP/MIME --->Security Settings

--El

>>> On 2/11/2015 at 9:10 AM, in message <54DB2AA50200004500053C70 at donald.lakeheadschools.ca>, "Doug Ratz" <dratz at Lakeheadschools.ca> wrote:

Our Barracuda spam filter is showing the message 'server refused mail service' on a number of deferred emails. The emails are from a system that sends absence reports to school secretaries and principals, and we get over a hundred all at once. We have set the Barracuda to not rate limit this sender, but I'm wondering if there is a similar setting on the GWIA. The deferred emails are eventually delivered, but the schools want to get the emails right away, not 30 - 60 minutes later.

Is there a setting on the GWIA that limits incoming mail from a specific sender? Any other thoughts on why those emails would be refused/deferred?\

GroupWise 2014 on Windows 2008r2.

Doug

--
Douglas Ratz