[ngw] restrict who subscribes to calendar

Jonathan Paul JPaul at stfrancis.edu
Fri Feb 13 14:18:29 UTC 2015

What has been your experience with them pulling updates consistently or at all ?

Jonathan

>>> "JOSHUA PITLICK" <JOSHUA.PITLICK at EEOC.GOV> 2/12/2015 10:32 AM >>>
Jonathan,

I have successfully subscribed to GroupsWise published calendars in my GMail calendar.

Joshua Pitlick
Senior Network Engineer
Office of Information Technology
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
>>> "Jonathan Paul" <jpaul at stfrancis.edu> 02/12/15 11:18 AM >>>
Does the GW calendar publishing allow someone with a gmail account for example, the ability to view the calendar of a GW user on our system in their gmail calendar or is it only visible through a webpage ?

Thanks
Jonathan

>>> PG <petim123 at gmail.com> 2/9/2015 10:55 AM >>>
Sry I lost a few days in replying.
I'm seeing 2 problems.
1) I can subscribe to my own calendar from a couple different resource
accounts but subscribing to resource account calendars, either from my
account or other resources accounts, mostly doesn't connect (General
Failure) or doesn't update.
2) I'm required to run access to calendar through our Novell Access
Manager.  Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge of or control over NAM.
Our admin tried to setup identity injection for the gwcal page but that
didn't work; I kept getting "too many redirect" messages and "unable to
authenticate" messages.  Since then he changed NAM to be secure
name/password security and that shows me the list of calendars.  But when I
subscribe, I'm getting mixed result on updating.

My requirement is for a VIP's calendar to be accessible so his staff can
see his calendar on their mobile devices.  But no one else can be allowed
to see his calendar.
I can send the Subscribe invitation so your idea may be the best for the
"security" of it.  Now if I can just figure out why is the connecting and
updating not consistent, then our VIP will be less unhappy.

Thanks David and others for your suggestions
Peter