[ngw] Windows 7 and Novell Rights

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Fri Feb 20 18:15:31 UTC 2015

Also maybe https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009338
MS Office Documents on NSS volume reported locked on Windows 7
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 2/20/2015 10:14 AM

quick google search..
do you happen to have sophos antivirus or anything scanning network
files?
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/422003-Office-Files-open-as-Read-Only-only-in-Office-2007

>>> "Renee Hunter" <Renee at wfse.org> 2/20/2015 10:09 AM >>>
After converting machines with ZCC (latest version), some users can no
longer open files in their Novell user directory on our SUSE Linux 11
file server without getting the error that the Office document is Read
only and locked by another user.  No other user has it open.

Novell rights have not changed.

We have tried repairing Office, resetting rights, upgrading Office
from
2007 to 2013, copying the contents and creating a new document...

Not having much luck.

Reneé

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and
may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have
received this e-mail in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or
use of this communication is prohibited and we request that you
contact
us by reply email or call us at 415-898-1555, and then destroy all
copies of our original message and any attachments.