[ngw] O365/GroupWise hybrid

Ryan Radschlag RadschlagR at hartfordjt1.k12.wi.us
Mon Feb 23 16:42:15 UTC 2015

So you want to do a test with O365 email accounts? What if you don't like it? How do you move the messages to GW or a different platform? You can definitely create email-less accounts in both O365/Google with the login/ID as the e-mail address they currently use. But as far as using 2 separate e-mail platforms to handle e-mail, I don't really know if its possible or how to do it if it is.

HTH,
-Ryan
 >>> "Elbert LaGrew" <Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com> 2/23/2015 10:24 AM >>>
Good day Listers,

My manager wants to make a test O365/GroupWise hybrid system.

Currently we our main domain's email  is katun.com

We have many sub-domains, like argentina.katun.com, germany.katun.com, etc.  However, everyone is valid with katun.com as their email address in GroupWise.

What he wants to do is set up a test with O365 and put regular users into that environment, but he doesn't want to have to change the email address at all...he wants it to remain Fname.Lname at katun.com.

Is that even possible?  I would have thought the test users would have had to have a new domain for an address, like Fname.Lname at someotherdomain.com

Does anyone have any experience with this type of setup?  Hints?

Thanks in advance!

--El

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.  Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the School District of Hartford Jt. #1.  Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.