[ngw] O365/GroupWise hybrid

Elbert LaGrew Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com
Mon Feb 23 17:08:33 UTC 2015

Yes...you got the gist of is Joe...I've already told him that I don't think there is a way...but he still thinks we can do it if we are clever. :-)

I don;t think I am that clever though. Ha!

--El

>>> On 2/23/2015 at 10:58 AM, in message <54EB15D90200008500066859 at oes2-vm2>, "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> wrote:

So, he wants to make no changes to domains (or hence MX), yet have "some" users get delivered to o365 and others *in that same domain* go to GW?  And have it appear transparent to everyone (except you)?

Oh, dear.   Does he read Dilbert?

>>> "Elbert LaGrew" <Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com> 02/23/15 11:27 AM >>>
Good day Listers,

My manager wants to make a test O365/GroupWise hybrid system.

Currently we our main domain's email  is katun.com

We have many sub-domains, like argentina.katun.com, germany.katun.com, etc.  However, everyone is valid with katun.com as their email address in GroupWise.

What he wants to do is set up a test with O365 and put regular users into that environment, but he doesn't want to have to change the email address at all...he wants it to remain Fname.Lname at katun.com.

Is that even possible?  I would have thought the test users would have had to have a new domain for an address, like Fname.Lname at someotherdomain.com

Does anyone have any experience with this type of setup?  Hints?

Thanks in advance!

--El