[ngw] O365/GroupWise hybrid

Joe Acquisto-j4 joea at j4computers.com
Tue Feb 24 14:52:05 UTC 2015

To *users*, the email can *appear* to be the same domain name.  But you cannot send an email, or "forward" one, to the same domain name as you are host of and expect it to actually go out.

What they have you do is forward the email to somebody at onmicrosoft.com (or something like that) and *internal* to o365 you setup rules to "make it appear" the user has that original domain name.

Further, this is not a "hybrid system" to my mind, but just "making it appear" to be one system.  Another flavor of chewing gum and another brand of baling wire, to get Rube Goldberg to rise again.   I guess that applies to the entire internet and email system anyway, tho.

joe a.

>>> "Paul Lamontagne" <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> 02/23/15 9:55 PM >>>
no it can be the same domain name..does not have to be a different domain...

this is how you can transition form one platform to another and migrating users over slowly....and have the mail system come into the old system until you are ready to transition over ..

Paul
>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 2/23/2015 6:19 PM >>>
"another system".   aka: a different domain name.