[ngw] Messenger 3.0 & GMS 2.1 released

Thys de Beer thys at nwpg.gov.za
Thu Feb 26 13:14:37 UTC 2015

HI Guys,

Ok so while rolling-out the v3, can v2 still be running, and "new" users connect to new one, just few days, onces all are fine on new one old users move to new?.. dont shoot !

Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG Office of the Premier
GITO: Infrastructure
Deputy Dir: Server Administration
http://www.waytag.com/ThysdeBeer
018 388 3828
------------------
Novell -- CNE
Microsoft -- MCITP- Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft -- MCSE- Private Cloud
Vmware -- VCP5

>>> Rand Babcock <randbabcock at gmail.com> 2015-02-24 06:48 PM >>>
1)  Whatever is easiest.  The load from ~70 users is negligible.  Firing up
a new VM, installing Messenger and pointing it to existing eDir objects is
straightforward.  An in place upgrade also works.

2)  No port conflicts out of the box.  8300 is the default, but you can set
it to whatever.

3)  Messenger uses a single port for client access, so no additional ports
are necessary.

One thing worth mentioning is that all Messenger mobile clients require
that the MA is configured for SSL.  If you're using a self-signed
certificate, users will be prompted with a warning to that effect.  In
addition, please read over the section on Push Notification in the doc (if
you've got iOS users).

Rand