[ngw] Importing csv file using LDIF import wizard

Michael Statman Mike at EMESConsulting.Net
Thu Feb 26 20:55:06 UTC 2015

Yes, you can do it straight from a csv, you just may need to track down
an older version of ConsoleOne that included the stand-alone ice
utility, I don't think that it's there with the version of C1 that ships
with GroupWise.

Assuming you can find that, then you should also find in addition to
the NDS Import/Export wizard in C1, the stand-alone ice.exe in the same
place as ConsoleOne.exe.  Or you may have /usr/bin/ice on linux.

So now if you have a file test.csv containing

"cn=user1,o=org",123-456-7890,234-567-8901
"cn=user2,o=org",345-678-9012,456-789-0123

Then you can run

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ConsoleOne/usr/lib ice -S DELIM -t
dn,phone,mobile -f /tmp/test.csv -D LDIF -f /tmp/test.ldif

and the resulting test.ldif contains:

#This LDIF file was generated by Novell's ICE and the LDIF destination
handler.
version: 1

dn: cn=user1,o=org
changetype: add
phone: 123-456-7890
mobile: 234-567-8901
objectclass: inetorgperson

dn: cn=user2,o=org
changetype: add
phone: 345-678-9012
mobile: 456-789-0123
objectclass: inetorgperson

The above is just an example, it will need tweaking.  Of course you can
specify -D LDAP (with the appropriate parameters) instead of -D LDIF to
go straight into your ldap server, but I think I'd rather inspect the
LDIF first.

Hope this helps,
Mike

>>> "Keith Larson" <klarson at k12group.net> 2/26/2015 3:43 PM >>>
No, ice can import the ldif, but you have to properly format/create
the
ldif.  You can't do it straight from a .csv.

Keith Larson
Franklin Computer Services - K12group
klarson at k12group.net
(614) 561-4887 (mobile)

>>> "Paul Aboukhaled" <PABOUKHALED at metrohealth.org> 2/26/2015 2:37 PM

I am using ConsolOne 1.3.6h build JDK 1.4.2 JVM 1.5.0_11
So I have to find an LDIF import utility?

How about using iManager 2.7.7, any better than ConsolOne?

Thanks

PA

>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 2/26/2015 10:56 AM >>>
It would be helpful to know what version you are on and what sort of
information
you are trying to import.

But, that said, The import wizard in Console One for instance, is just
that.  AFAIK,
an LDIF import file is required, so you will have to construct one.

joe a.

>>> "Paul Aboukhaled" <PABOUKHALED at metrohealth.org> 02/26/15 10:11 AM

I am trying to update our organization address book to date. I have
compiled the users information (userID, cell phone, work.....) How I
can
use the ldif wizard to import the csv file?

Thanks

Paul Aboukhaled

MetroHealth’s Mission: Leading the way to a healthier you and a
healthier community through service, teaching, discovery and teamwork.

Conceptual drawing of how the MetroHealth main campus could be
transformed.

Follow us on , , and

This email and all attachments that may have been included are
intended
only for the use of the party to whom/which the email is addressed and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt
from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or the
employee or agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you are strictly prohibited from printing, storing,
disseminating,
distributing, or copying this communication. If you have received this
notification in error, please contact the Privacy & Information
Security
Officer at (216)778-5776. For a copy of our Notice of Privacy
Practices,
please click here.