[ngw] Extra recipient when printed

Jeff Crawford JCrawfor at egrps.org
Wed Jun 3 22:08:19 UTC 2015

Hello ngw list. I have a weird one that I wonder if anyone else has seen.

There was a sensitive email sent from an employee to a top official in my organization. The email concerned the employee's review and was cc'ed to the employee's internal union representative. The top official wanted to print the email out so that it could be properly filed. When printed, the email added a second cc recipient. It may be a coincidence, but the second recipient was the outside legal counsel for the union. The top official and I assumed that the legal counsel was bcc'ed or something (potentially even worse).

I can not find the outside legal counsel being added to the email message by the original sender. The outside legal counsel was never sent the email and does not even exist in any of the original sender's address books, including Frequent Contacts. I checked the POA logs, GWIA logs, and logged in to each users mailbox via the Windows client. The outside legal counsel is added whenever I try to print the message from any of the three users (top official, inside union rep, & employee) mailbox. The outside legal counsel was not added when the top official hit Reply to all.

I am on GroupWise 2012 SP2 (12.0.2-108211). The clients are Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and using client 12.0.2 108211.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Jeff