[ngw] More iPhone/GMS troubles

Ken Etter kle at msktd.com
Tue Jun 16 17:30:15 UTC 2015

Joe,

You can send it here.  I'm running 2.1.0 Build 230 and I have an iPhone.

Ken
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 6/16/2015 1:03 PM >>>
Thanks Stephen.. no "download full message" option on the emails in question. If someone willing, I'd forward you the message as an attachment to see if it looks different to you.
>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 6/16/2015 9:56 AM >>>
In the email on the device, you may have to scroll down to the end of the email and touch a link called "Download full message". We had this problem starting with ios 7.1.  Once the message was fully downloaded, the attachments opened with no problem.

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 6/16/2015 11:38 AM >>>
Our senior partners have been complaining about trouble accessing emails/attachemts on their iphones (6), I can confirm that the same email works fine on my Droid Turbo

An example, is they'll receive an email from the outside world containing an attachment (7Kb pdf file).. (mime.822 file also). They'll click the attachment and it'll just spin on "Downloading".. eventually timing out. If you go back into the email, you'll see the attachments listed as no longer "downloading" but when you open them.. it simply shows a screen that says the filename, plus:
"Portable Document Format PDF"

The actual PDF never shows up... again, works fine on my droid. My supervisor confirmed the same bad behavior on his iPhone (5s). We're running gms 2.1.0 build 230, but its been an issue for some time before that.