[ngw] More iPhone/GMS troubles

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Tue Jun 16 19:15:47 UTC 2015

On my ipad with 8.3 on it, after I tap the eml file, I get the grey screen with the name of the file which also states "Portable Document Format PDF" when I tap on the attachment. If you tap and hold your finger on the attachment, it should pop another menu up and give you a choice to open in.  That does not work either.  Do you have any devices that have old ios versions on it? I'm thinking if it works on Droid, it's probably an apple issue.

>>> "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 6/16/2015 12:54 PM >>>
Odd.  I have an iPhone 5C and an iPad Air - both on iOS 8.3.
Gil's email shows up on both with a FILE.eml attachment.
* On the iPhone, I open the eml and select the PDF, but I just get a grey screen with the name of the file which also states "Portable Document Format PDF".  Same as you.
* On the iPad, I open the eml, but I can't select the PDF.  It says downloading, but won't respond to anything.
I would say open an SR and report it as a bug.

Ken
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 6/16/2015 1:38 PM >>>
I'll send to both of you guys, curious what if older version makes a difference too, Stephen.. it'll be coming from "Gil", please respond here and not to email! Thanks
>>> "Ken Etter" <kle at msktd.com> 6/16/2015 10:30 AM >>>
Joe,

You can send it here.  I'm running 2.1.0 Build 230 and I have an iPhone.

Ken
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 6/16/2015 1:03 PM >>>
Thanks Stephen.. no "download full message" option on the emails in question. If someone willing, I'd forward you the message as an attachment to see if it looks different to you.
>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 6/16/2015 9:56 AM >>>
In the email on the device, you may have to scroll down to the end of the email and touch a link called "Download full message". We had this problem starting with ios 7.1.  Once the message was fully downloaded, the attachments opened with no problem.

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 6/16/2015 11:38 AM >>>
Our senior partners have been complaining about trouble accessing emails/attachemts on their iphones (6), I can confirm that the same email works fine on my Droid Turbo

An example, is they'll receive an email from the outside world containing an attachment (7Kb pdf file).. (mime.822 file also). They'll click the attachment and it'll just spin on "Downloading".. eventually timing out. If you go back into the email, you'll see the attachments listed as no longer "downloading" but when you open them.. it simply shows a screen that says the filename, plus:
"Portable Document Format PDF"

The actual PDF never shows up... again, works fine on my droid. My supervisor confirmed the same bad behavior on his iPhone (5s). We're running gms 2.1.0 build 230, but its been an issue for some time before that.