[ngw] GroupWise 2014 versus GroupWise 2014 R2

Mike Bills Mbills at novell.com
Tue Jun 23 15:21:58 UTC 2015

David,

I consider GroupWise 2014 R2 as a new version in the GroupWise 2014
line.   It is not just a support pack and it is not an enhancement pack.
 There are several significant new features in this release that
customers should find great value in.   The version on it will be 14.2.

I know this is new for the release cycle in GroupWise, but it is a
trend we want to continue.   During the lifecycle of a version of
GroupWise the intention is to deliver to you fixes and new features on a
regular cadence.

One thing that has changed since I originally wrote about the naming of
R2 on the GroupWise blog is that we actually will release a 14.0.2 SP.
You will see this in early July,  so very quickly.   At the same time we
will also release a 12.0.4.   When we ship those SP we will also release
what was addressed in them.

This will also be the last intended SP for GroupWise 2012.  2012
general support ends on June 30, 2012.   After this release we wont be
putting fixes into GroupWise 2012 and releasing further support packs.
We will continue to release security fixes while 2012 is in extended
support.

I hope that helps clarify.

Regards,

Michael Bills
Product Manager - Collaboration
Micro Focus | Novell
Mike.Bills at MicroFocus.com

Hi,
I discussed with my customers about "new" version of GroupWise and I
wasn´t sure , what to say, is this regular new version or some
Enhacement Pack ? Why will be SP2 for 2014, because when I look on
differences between both versions, R2 looks like better SP as whole
new
version.

Thanks for clarification

David

e-mailové zprávy.

Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
be
about it.