[ngw] Move GroupWise to new server

Mark BARHAM mbarham at williamsburgva.gov
Thu Jun 25 13:47:35 UTC 2015

I have a small GroupWise 2012 install; 2 servers, 1 domain and PO on one and 1 domain, GWIA, Webaccess on another.  My PO server (Windows 2008R2 on VMWare ESXi 5.5) needs to be replaced.  Ive built a new Windows Server 2012 R2 server to take its place.  All GroupWise PO and domain data resides on an iSCSI SAN.

My question is can I install GroupWise 2014 on the new server, take down the old server, move IP address and connect iSCSI volumes to the new server and that will work, or should I install GroupWise 2012 on the new server, move IP address and connect iSCSI volumes to bring up GroupWise on the new server and then upgrade to GroupWise 2014?  Thanks