[ngw] Deleted users and retention

Lidija Thompson-Ward Lidija.Thompson-Ward at macewan.ca
Mon Nov 2 23:21:49 UTC 2015

Hi Joe,

I force a Final archive into Retain of everything currently in their mailbox and then the user is disabled.  I created a Job and Schedule specifically for this task, and then just add mailboxe(s).

Lidija

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> October-26-15 11:06 AM >>>
Just curious how others handle deleting/disabling users and email retention.
Unfortunately, if we disable a user, Retain is no longer able to access their email account to process their mail... but they'll continue to (potentially) get email if not disabled.. double edged sword

So whats your plan of attack? do you manually create a retention job just before disabling/deleting user? PITA :)