[ngw] Deleted users and retention

Jim Gosney jgosney at genesco.com
Mon Nov 2 23:45:17 UTC 2015

Joe,

We use LDAP authentication into A/D for Groupwise.  So when someone
leaves the company, we don't have to disable their GW accounts.  We just
enter a bogus ldap username for that user.  The user can no longer
access their email but systems such as Retain that use a trusted app can
still function since the account is still enabled.

~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
Jim Gosney
* Linux System Engineer
* Groupwise System Engineer
* Mobility Server Admin
Genesco, Inc.
Nashville, TN
615-367-7850

>>> "Lidija Thompson-Ward" <Lidija.Thompson-Ward at macewan.ca> Monday,
November 02, 2015 5:21 PM >>>
Hi Joe,

I force a Final archive into Retain of everything currently in their
mailbox and then the user is disabled.  I created a Job and Schedule
specifically for this task, and then just add mailboxe(s).

Lidija

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> October-26-15 11:06
AM >>>
Just curious how others handle deleting/disabling users and email
retention.
Unfortunately, if we disable a user, Retain is no longer able to access
their email account to process their mail... but they'll continue to
(potentially) get email if not disabled.. double edged sword

So whats your plan of attack? do you manually create a retention job
just before disabling/deleting user? PITA :)

may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have
received this e-mail in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
use of this communication is prohibited and we request that you contact
us by reply email or call us at 415-898-1555, and then destroy all
copies of our original message and any attachments.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.