[ngw] New GW hardare - same IPs?

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Tue Nov 3 21:01:03 UTC 2015

For IP address change on OES server there is ipchange.sh script
https://www.novell.com/documentation/oes11/oes_implement_lx/data/ipchange_serverconfig.html
, pretty easy and functional.

David
>>> "Mike Lichtenwalner" <lichtemi at mtwp.net> 11/3/2015 9:40 odp. >>>
Hi All,

In the very near future, we will be moving our primary domain/PO server
and secondary domain/GWIA/webaccess server from 32-bit SLES physical
servers running GW2012 to 64-bit SLES/OES virtual servers running
GW2014. I'm following Danita's guide (it's excellent) for this process.

To avoid problems with upstream providers as well as any internal
services that are using only IPs to contact the servers, I would like to
configure the new virtual servers with the same IPs that are being used
by the physical servers. Is it as simple as setting up the new servers
with different IPs and after the migration is complete add the old
addresses as secondary addresses? (My understanding is that changing the
address of a SLES/OES server and getting all services to work correctly
can be challenging.)

Has anyone had success with reusing IPs after a migration?

Thanks!
Mike

Mike Lichtenwalner
Coordinator of Technical Services