[ngw] New GW hardare - same IPs?

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Tue Nov 3 23:01:14 UTC 2015

could also do a Transfer ID using the migration utility. Have used that many times
>>> "Mike Lichtenwalner" <lichtemi at mtwp.net> 11/3/2015 12:40 PM >>>
Hi All,

In the very near future, we will be moving our primary domain/PO server and secondary domain/GWIA/webaccess server from 32-bit SLES physical servers running GW2012 to 64-bit SLES/OES virtual servers running GW2014. I'm following Danita's guide (it's excellent) for this process.

To avoid problems with upstream providers as well as any internal services that are using only IPs to contact the servers, I would like to configure the new virtual servers with the same IPs that are being used by the physical servers. Is it as simple as setting up the new servers with different IPs and after the migration is complete add the old addresses as secondary addresses? (My understanding is that changing the address of a SLES/OES server and getting all services to work correctly can be challenging.)

Has anyone had success with reusing IPs after a migration?

Thanks!
Mike

Mike Lichtenwalner
Coordinator of Technical Services