[ngw] Antw: New GW hardare - same IPs?

Mike Lichtenwalner lichtemi at mtwp.net
Wed Nov 4 14:19:53 UTC 2015

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I wasn't aware of the script to
change IPs on OES servers....that will be helpful in the future as we
move additional OES servers.

It looks like adding the current IP as a secondary address will be the
fastest way to get back online during the cutover, so we will go with
that approach.

Again, thank you for all of the input!

Mike

>>> "Thomas Stimper" <tstimper at nmedv.de> 11/4/2015 01:41 AM >>>
Think about changing your GroupWise POA/ MTA ip adresses
to separate ip adresses only for this services.
This makes it easier in the future to move GroupWise to a new server.
In your case you can simply configure additional ip addresses on the
new server
with the ip adress of the old server -  of course after the move of
GroupWise and shutdown the old server.

Thomas

Thomas Stimper

MCNE
Novell Silver Partner
neue medien edv-systeme gmbh
Zwickauer Str. 224
09116 Chemnitz
Germany
Email tstimper at nmedv.de
Tel. +49 371 8448890
Fax +49 371 8448891
Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 12552
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Stimper
USt.ID DE176096756
www.nmedv.de

>>> "Mike Lichtenwalner" <lichtemi at mtwp.net> 03.11.2015 21:40 >>>
Hi All,

In the very near future, we will be moving our primary domain/PO
server
and secondary domain/GWIA/webaccess server from 32-bit SLES physical
servers running GW2012 to 64-bit SLES/OES virtual servers running
GW2014. I'm following Danita's guide (it's excellent) for this
process.

To avoid problems with upstream providers as well as any internal
services that are using only IPs to contact the servers, I would like
configure the new virtual servers with the same IPs that are being
used
by the physical servers. Is it as simple as setting up the new servers
with different IPs and after the migration is complete add the old
addresses as secondary addresses? (My understanding is that changing
the
address of a SLES/OES server and getting all services to work
correctly
can be challenging.)

Has anyone had success with reusing IPs after a migration?

Thanks!
Mike

Mike Lichtenwalner
Coordinator of Technical Services