[ngw] GW 2012 DL membership

Alan Bens ABENS at go-metro.com
Tue Nov 24 19:31:47 UTC 2015

Hopefully I understood this correctly.  If you create a DL and someone adds the DL to a Group Address book for distribution, if the DL changes, then the DL needs to be removed and re added back to the group address book.  It is not dynamic and updates the group address book.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Al B

>>> Rhonda Richardson <kc0izr at gmail.com> 11/20/2015 11:24 AM >>>
I am stumped...

I have a distribution list that is visible to the system.  I have been told
by several people that when people send to the DL, the membership is
incorrect.  If I send to it, it is correct.

I don't have a copy of the DL in my personal/FC address books, so my first
thought was these are people that do have a copy in a personal/FC address
book.  Using Vertigo, I have looked at a handful of them that were sent to
invalid people, and they don't have a copy of the DL in an address book.

I am now stumped and confused.  My suspicion is I am dealing with someone
that has created a view and shared it with everyone else, and that view had
the DL in the To field.  Could that cause this?  If they are doing a resend
of a previous message??

Any ideas or theories are much appreciated.

Rhonda

--

*Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible.*  * Frank L.
Gaines

Skype: kc0izr
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kc0izr