[ngw] dynamic d/l gw8

Joe Acquisto-j4 joea at j4computers.com
Wed Oct 14 19:53:12 UTC 2015

figured it out.   Had a trailing "s" on the spelling of that titles.   I
have an excuse, but . . .

>>> "Joe Acquisto-j4" <joea at j4computers.com> 10/14/15 3:38 PM >>>
Thanks gents.   Yes, it has an identity to use.   I have a group created
in the dim time, that appears to work.   I have been comparing the two
and don't see any obvious issues.

Well, tomorrow is another day.   TGI(nearly)F

joe a.

>>> Matt Weisberg <matt at weisberg.net> 10/14/15 2:39 PM >>>

Yes, you should see the membership populated in eDir immediately.  You
could also do an LDAP query for the group’s membership list and you’d
get it that way.

Did you give the dynamic group an Identity to use for doing the query?
Does that identity have rights to read title?  Either that or you have
to grant public rights to read the title.

Matt

—
  Matt Weisberg
  Weisberg Consulting, Inc.
  matt at weisberg.net
  www.weisberg.net
  ofc. 248.685.1970
  cell 248.705.1950
  fax 248.769.5963

On 10/14/15, 2:29 PM, "ngw-bounces+matt=weisberg.net at ngwlist.com on
behalf of Joe Acquisto-j4" <ngw-bounces+matt=weisberg.net at ngwlist.com on
behalf of joea at j4computers.com> wrote:

>I thought that was only the GW end, that is, the d/l end.
>
>Should not what I see in iManager update "immediately"?   That's what
it appears to say in iManager.  And a good way to test filters. ?

>This happens once a day at 1am by default.
>Created a dynamic d/l by creating group in C1, associating it with a GW
PO, then, in iManager. making it dynamic and creating a simple filter
(title=blah).  Apply.
>Does not populate.
>
>Been a while and I know GW will only sync daily (by default) but ISTR
that iManager should populate the members panel when you apply the
changes.   Yet, it does not.  Missing something, I  know.