[ngw] GW Password set?

Ken Etter kle at msktd.com
Thu Oct 15 13:04:23 UTC 2015

Just a thought.  I use LDAP authentication.  When I implemented the Universal Password policy in eDirectory, I purchased the Password Status Tool Gadget (http://www.dreamlan.com/gadgets.html#pwdStatus) from Peter Kuo.  Starting at 30 days prior to expiration, it automates sending a daily email until the user changes their password.  And it lets me customize the email message, so I tell them how to do it regardless of whether they are at their desk or on the road.  It also tells them to change the password on any of their devices (smartphones, tablets, etc).

Ken
>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 10/15/2015 8:55 AM >>>
How often do your edir passwords change?  The only problem I found is that when edir password was changed, the user had no clue as to why there device would not login to there email account anymore, hence call to help.  That's why we switched to GW auth.

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 10/14/2015 11:50 PM >>>
Thanks for digging, Paul..
or using LDAP for auth? since theres no way a user doesnt have an edir password.. then my understanding is they dont need a specific gw password
>>> "Paul Lamontagne" <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> 10/14/2015 5:26 PM >>>
It would seem that thee is no keyword in the filter to get password = null....

sorry about that ..

so suggestion with setting security to high may be best bet. without a 3rd party tool , like Vertigo ..if it can do that.

Paul
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 13/10/2015 6:38 PM >>>
Good point.. Gw 14.
>>> "Paul Lamontagne" <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> 10/13/2015 3:18 PM >>>
Set the PO to high security,anyone without a password will not be able to log in and complain. so you will find out quickly who doesn't have a password

Paul
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 10/13/2015 2:40 PM >>>
Is there an easy way to determine which users dont have a gw password set?
I should probably just set up LDAP Auth instead of dealing with this